Color Combos With Nude'tude Palette | Easy Plum LookMonday, August 19, 2013
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! :)
I had a few people ask me to show some color combinations using the Nude'tude palette from The Balm--if you haven't read my review on this palette, check it out here.
So I decided to start a series of blog posts featuring this palette. Over the next few weeks or so, I will be creating different eye looks using only this palette. Hopefully giving you guys some inspiration. :) You can purchase the Nude'tude palette from The Balm here--take advantage while it's fairly inexpensive!
Over the weekend I decided to go for a very subtle pinky, plum eye look. Definitely something that's wearable during the day time but can be transformed into a smoky nighttime look fairly easily.
- I started off by applying "Stubborn" on my entire eye lid with an eyeshadow shader brush.
- I then took "Sultry" for a transition color, with a crease brush and applied that into the crease, very softly, and blended well.
- With an angled eyeshadow brush, I took "Sexy" and used that as a defining color, I applied that to the outer-v and blended it gently into the crease. This color is a bold color, but I used it very lightly.
- I lined my waterline and my lower lash line with a purple eyeliner from Urban Decay, and with a small smudge brush I then took "Sexy" once again, and applied that to my lower lash line and blended well.
- I took a charcoal colored liquid eyeliner and lined my eyes.
- To finish off the look, I took "Stand-offish" with a small precision brush and highlighted the inner corner of my eye, my brow bone, and gently tapped it to the very center of my lid with my finger. Just to make it brighter.
This is just one of many eye looks that can be created with this palette. Like I said, I wanted this look to be very subtle and soft, I didn't want anything over the top for a day time look.
Here are a few pictures of the finished product. *The lighting was horrible so I worked with what I had.*
Hope you guys found this post helpful and it gives you some inspiration on eye looks. I will be posting more eye looks in the future, so keep an eye out for that.
Do you guys have this palette? What looks have you created?
The possibilities are endless!
Have a great rest of the day!!
-Our weekend was pretty uneventful, what about yours?
-I ordered from Hautelook, awhile back, and got some of my goodies in the mail this weekend!
-I was an avid watcher of Teen Mom (with the original cast) and watched Being Maci: Teen Mom Special last night, she should have her own show, Bentley is adorable! Did any of y'all catch it?
-My southern accent came out right there...y'all!?! :) Typical Texas girl!
Disclaimer: I purchased everything myself, unless stated otherwise. All thoughts and opinions stated are MY own honest reviews. All pictures are taken by me, hence the bad lighting! ;) Amazon links are affiliate links.
I enjoy reading comments and will answer any questions asked. :) Make sure to subscribe to my blog or follow me on Bloglovin', it's free and easy! :)