My Writing Process TourMonday, August 18, 2014
This post is a little out of the norm for me, but after being nominated a few times, I finally had the time to sit and work on this post.
So, I will be sharing with you all how my blogging "writing process" works. I by no means consider myself a professional journalist or anything...but I always like to read on other people's organizational skills, so let's get started!
Jackie, from FiveTwo Certified, invited me to do this post. Definitely check out Jackie's blog, if you haven't already. She is a total fashion queen, living it up in the Big Apple! She has become such a close and dear friend to me, and I think everyone will just fall in love with her!
Now onto the questions about My Writing Process:
- What am I working on?
- I'm currently working on a few posts that I intend to leave in my drafts section for days that I can't get something up. In case you didn't know, we are selling our home, so we will be moving out soon. Since that can be overwhelming, I want to have things to post. I don't want to neglect my blog. I'm also working on filming videos, yes, I'm finally on YouTube! I also plan to pre-film and have content go up per usual.
- How does my work differ from others of its genre?
- There are SO many beauty blogs out there and most of them are strictly beauty, where others go more into the lifestyle side of blogging. I think my blog differs in the way that I do offer beauty related posts and fashion posts as well. I try to be consistent with my series and with my posting.
- Why do I write what I do?
- I started blogging because I wanted to find my "niche," I wanted something I could do as a hobby...so my blog was born. I enjoy it very much! It has become a good way to interact with so many people and a great creative outlet.
- How does my writing process work?
- It's pretty simple actually. I keep everything in a notebook/calendar. I usually post on Tuesdays and Thursdays--today being an exception--and I like to fill out the month, at least a month a head of time. For example, usually by now, my September calendar is pretty much filled up. I do like to leave a day or two empty in case I have a sponsored post. I also have a section in my notebook where I jot down ideas for future posts. I like to carry my notebook in my purse, you never know when your creative brain will be on! Now with pictures, that's a bit different. I've tried to just set a day to take pictures for the week, but that always seems to fail. I'm not sure why...taking pictures is so fun to me...but I tend to procrastinate in that section. Any tips?
So yea, that pretty much sums up my writing process...nothing special at all. I am pretty simple.
For the next Writing Process Tour, I have invited the following beautiful ladies, hopefully they will share with us next week, Monday, August 25th, their Writing Process!
- Kelli - A Deeper Joy
- Kelli's blog is relatively new to me, but boy have I enjoyed her posts. She has a great mixture of beauty, health and religious posts. She is a fellow Texan and I'm sure you will all love her!
- Stephanie - Diary of a Debutante
- Stephanie is a pageant girl, she has some great tips...beauty, health and fitness. And she always has the prettiest outfits...she is a true Southern Belle!
- Luzanne - Pink Peonies
- Luzanne's blog is simply amazing! She has so many DIY mask posts, as well as super informative skincare posts, along with beauty and a few lifestyle posts thrown into the mix. She is a sweetheart!
Definitely check out these three ladies, I promise you won't be disappointed, they are all different and I have really enjoyed reading their blogs!
Thank you all for reading, your time and support is very much appreciated!
Until next time beauties!