BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop | Review & Comparison SwatchesTuesday, July 14, 2015
I'm back with yet another blog post! Whaaat?!
I've been absent on my YouTube channel...because I have a new lighting kit and I'm in the process of trying to figure out my camera settings, lighting, etc.
So hopefully, I can film a few videos tomorrow!
Let me know what you would like to see?
Okay, so I gave in to the Champagne Pop Hype! I told myself many times, that I was NOT going to purchase it...it didn't work. I found myself on the Sephora website, clicking "complete order" without even thinking twice! Shame on me...
I wanted to film my review, but honestly, pictures were a much better option. (Even then, they don't do it justice!)
I wanted to include a couple of comparison swatches as well.
PRICE | $38.00
PURCHASED | Sephora Website
What it is: A limited-edition, creamy, luminizing powder to illuminate the face with a soft, pearlized glow.
BECCA collaborated with YouTube beauty celebrity and makeup artist Jaclyn Hill to create a new limited-edition shade of their number one bestselling luminizer powder. Featuring her dream shade, Champagne Pop—a soft white, gold shade with pinky peach undertones—this creamy luminizer leaves the skin with a soft pearlized glow. It’s infused with light-reflecting pearls that beautifully catch the light, allowing your favorite features to pop. Just apply to targeted areas, or simply sweep it up on the cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose for quick, radiant perfection.
- Extremely, extremely smooth and easy to blend!
- Very pigmented, a little goes a LONG way! I'm not kidding, it's intense!
- Nice golden highlight with peachy undertones. I was a bit iffy about it at first, I usually go for more white toned highlighting powders, my faves are The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer and ABH Sand. So the peachiness scared me, since I am light-skinned. It works very well! Jaclyn did a wonderful job in creating a color that looks stunning on ALL skin tones!
- One of the differences I noticed with this powder, is how visible the glitter is once it's on the skin. It's not a chunky glitter, but it is visible. So if you don't like that, this may not be something you love. I've noticed that with other powders, the glitter is not visible on the skin.
- This looks AMAZING in pictures! But like I mentioned, in person, if you go overboard, the glitter is a little much.
Overall, I'm really glad I made this purchase. It's was definitely pricey, but since it is limited edition, I couldn't help myself. I think I would really regret it if I didn't buy it.
Below I swatched The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer and BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Gold next to Champagne Pop.
As you can see, Rose Gold is more rosy and slightly more golden. Mary-Lou is more white toned, I always thought Mary-Lou was intense...Champagne Pop wins in the intense department for sure!
|Left to Right - Mary-Lou Manizer, Rose Gold, & Champagne Pop|
So, are you going to buy Champagne Pop??
I hope you all enjoyed and found this review helpful!
Until next time beauties!
Let's chat! Find me on other social media sites!