Today I have a tag for you guys, I was tagged by the beautiful Ashley over at ciaobella0816.blogspot.com 🙂 Head on over to her page for great reviews, FOTD’s, inspiration, etc. Thanks for tagging me doll!
I absolutely LOVE doing tags, you get to know the blogger a little bit more and learn about their style. I hope you all enjoy this tag!
here are the rules for the Beauty Blogger Tag:
* state that this tag was created by The Beau Bow
* tag some more beauty bloggers
* title this as I’ve done to show what the tag is about
This tag was created by The Beau Bow!
On to my Questions & Answers:
1. Name a beauty routine you rarely do.
-I rarely do skin masks. I have sensitive skin, so when it comes to new skincare products or masks, I’m hesitant.
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
-I wish I could say I have a set schedule, but I don’t. I just wash them when I see they are getting dirty. I should be more aware of when I wash them…
3. How long will you last with chipped nail varnish?
-I am so OCD about my nails chipping, so I change my polish about 2-3 times a week!
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it (i.e. – top coat, foundation, etc.)?
-I never put off buying a product, I usually have a back up on hand, or I purchase one when I know I’m about to run out.
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
-I touch my face a lot! And I know I shouldn’t…! I also have the tendency to “lick” my lips a lot, which makes it hard when I’m wearing a bold lip!
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time.
-I love shopping, but I tend to put off GROCERY shopping…ugh! I hate going to the grocery store…I usually take my time doing what I have to do around the house, take forever to get ready, etc….just to put it off longer!!
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
-Nope, never! I don’t like to be rushed, I like to take my time.
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
-Mmm, never tried it, but I think I would cheat! Big kudos to those that can! 🙂
9. How organized is your makeup and nail polish collections?
-My makeup is pretty well organized, my nail polish, not so much. I actually just purchased some acrylic nail polish organizers, can’t wait for them to get in! 🙂
10. What is the longest time you’ve gone without writing a blog post?
-Hmm…maybe 3 days…? Hated every minute of it too!
now to the other Tag: Confessions of a Beauty Blogger
1. How many hours a week do you spend writing/editing posts?
-It depends on the blog post. Taking pictures is pretty time consuming so I always try to do that a day or 2 before, and that takes a good 1-2 hours. Off the top of my head I would say I spend about 20-25 hours a week??? Maybe…
2. Are you a spender or a saver?
-I can honestly say I’m both. I spend when I have too, and I’m pretty good about saving money as well. Now when it comes to makeup…can’t guarantee anything there.
3. When is it easiest for you to blog?
-I usually blog early during the day when I know I’m going to blog that day, or later in the evening the day before.
4. What makes writing behind a computer comfortable for you?
-I have found this to be my escape from the real world. I really love sitting here and communicating with other beauty lovers and bloggers. I also love to share the little I know about beauty and there is no pressure!
5. What’s your worst makeup/hair habit?
-For beauty habit, read #5 above. A bad hair habit…I don’t get a hair trim as often as I should…
6. One quote that you wish the world would live by?
-Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
I think people forget that kindness is free and tend to not be so nice or friendly.
7. How long do you spend getting ready everyday?
-Oh dear, I take wayyy too long! I hate being rushed and I love taking my time. So on average I would say 2+ hours. Not ALL the time!
8. Who is your favorite blogger?
-I don’t have a favorite, I LOVE them all!
9. Who is a blogger that you read who deserves more subscribers than they have?
-All my lovely blogger friends deserve more subscribers. We all put so much work into our blogs, that everyone deserves more subbies!
10. One thing your excited about in the upcoming year?
-I’m excited and anxious to see what is in store for my little blog!
11. Your most awkward blogging moment?
-Uhm, I published a blog before I was done typing it up, and didn’t realize it. Oops! 😉
12. How long does it take you to prep for a post?
-It just depends on the type of post. If I have a post that requires pictures, then those usually take quite a bit more time. I would say on average it takes about 2 hours or so. A product review takes longer, I like to review the product for a week and a half to two weeks typically.
13. Are you wearing pants (jeans/skirt) right now or are you actually wearing pajama bottoms?
-I am wearing pants. 🙂
14. What are you most proud of in your life?
-I’m proud of what my husband and I have, we married “young” and with the support from our parents we did things the way we wanted to. We are both pretty traditional, and I’m so happy that we stuck to our beliefs and had a wedding, moved in together, and jumped on this crazy roller coaster called “real life” together.
I don’t think there are many people out there that do this nowadays–and there is NOTHING wrong with that!
And I’m also proud of myself, for finally getting the courage to start a blog! I do have to give my husband most of the credit however, he encouraged me to do it. 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed this tag, and maybe learned a little bit more about me. 🙂
And I tag ALL of you beauty blogger beauties reading this.
Until next time my loves, have a great weekend!
P.S-Today’s post was going to be on my new hair, but I haven’t been able to get “good” pictures together yet—well good enough for me, I’m way to picky 😉 Keep an eye out for that soon enough though, fingers crossed!
-The weather here in West Texas has been so random lately! Hot one day, humid the next…ugh! My hair and humid, just don’t work together!
-My insomnia has been horrible lately…
-With that said, I usually do online shopping when I can’t sleep!!! Eeeek, not good! 🙂
Hi there! I’m Lily, the girl behind Beauty With Lily. I am a real estate agent, nurse, wife, crazy dog mom — to our cute little pup, Charlie — blogger, beauty enthusiast, makeup connoisseur, and your everyday twenty-something southern gal. You'll usually catch me with an iced coffee in tow, an arm full of makeup swatches or behind my computer working (or shopping!) I hope this little space helps you feel beautiful, find your next clothing piece to buy or a place you come to after a long day. I hope you stay awhile. xo - Lily
Beauty With Lily is part of affiliate programs, meaning that if you decide to purchase through those links, I may make a small commission off that purchase. This is at no extra cost to you, but helps support this blog. I only share products that I am passionate about, truly love and recommend to loved ones. As always, all my opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Beauty With Lily.