Hey beauties! I am back with another week of Bought It, Forgot It! In case you missed my post last week, you can find that here, and you can find Chelsea’s first post here. Both of those posts explain the process of our No Buy and of our series.
This past week has been super cold and I’m actually ready for summer…shocker–I am not the biggest fan of summer…the heat in Texas is awful! Anyway, I decided to dig through my stash and use some of my favorite summer time “forgotten” items, I decided to go for a more bronze-y, summer-y look–are those words?
Let’s see what I used this week!
PS–This No-Buy is killing me! I have stayed strong, although the Urban Decay sale is quite tempting…I’m staying away!
This week, my forgotten items are:
Clinique Even Better Makeup Foundation
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny
Wet’N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana
Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronzer
Clinique Even Better Makeup Liquid Foundation | I’ve had this foundation for awhile now, but I tend to reach for my absolute faves. I like this foundation, it gives medium coverage, and it looks natural. One thing I’m not fond of is the fact that it is not buildable, once I start adding more makeup, it starts to settle into my laugh lines and it looks cakey. Other than that, it’s a great everyday foundation.
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny| Like I mentioned earlier, I’m starting to crave summer. So I found one of my favorite bronzers, this is perfect for a subtle bronzed look. It has no shimmer and it’s not too orange-y. I like to lightly dust it around my face, I don’t contour–because, well let’s face it…I’m just not good at it!
Wet’N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana | I have been obsessed with my the Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm, so I have pushed aside my Wet’N Wild Highlight. This is marketed as a bronzer, but come on, it’s way to light for that. This powder gives the prettiest glow without any glitter or intense shimmer.
Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze | I have a few of these that I have set aside and not used for awhile…but for the look I was going for I used the Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze…seriously, how and why did I stop using these!? Shame on me! I can honestly say, I have fallen in love all over again!
Now on to my FOTD using these products!
- POP Beauty Face Magnet Primer
- Clinique Even Better Foundation
- NYX HD Concealer
- Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny
- Wet’N Wild Reserve Your Cabana
- NYX HD Translucent Powder
- Model In A Bottle Setting Spray
- Maybelline Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil
- ELF Eyebrow Kit
- Model In A Bottle Eyebrow Sealer
- Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
- Crown Brush 36 Neutral Color Smokey Eye Palette
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Brown
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
- Malin + Goetz Lip Balm
- Rimmel Show Offs Lip Lacquer in Nude Eclipse
- I started by applying Bad to the Bronze all over my eye lids…just my eye lids.
- I then took a matte light brown and blended that along my crease blending Bad to the Bronze along with it.
- Using a matte cream color, I used that to highlight the inner corner and brow bone.
- I used brown eyeliner on my top lash line and nude eye liner in my waterline. Applied some mascara to my top and lower lashes.
This is probably one of the easiest eye looks, but it looks like I actually took some time to get ready. By the way, please excuse my hair…it was so cold and windy, so a braided side chignon was the perfect hair-do.
I hope you enjoyed our second installment in our Bought It, Forgot It Collab, don’t forget to check out sweet Chelsea’s post! You will LOVE her blog!
Until next time beauties!
♥ I hate going to the stores around Valentine’s Day, there is SO much chocolate everywhere…I’m a choco-holic, so I’m always tempted to buy all of it! LOL!
♥ This weekend we are getting some summer weather, it’s supposed to be in the 80’s!? What!? Crazy Texas weather!