Over the last few months, I’ve really tried to kick it up a notch with my skincare routine. I was the girl who only used makeup remover wipes to remover her makeup and washed my face once a day. Well I’ve learned better, and the Dr. Sponge Konjac Sponge couldn’t have come at a better time!
I’m so excited to share with you all my new holy grail skincare tool!
Let’s get started!
What the company says: “Originally created for babies and children, our sustainable sponges are one of the most powerful solutions when it comes to complete care of your skin. They are extremely gentle and soft. The unique “jello-like” fiber texture allows Dr. Sponge™ to smoothly glide across your skin and mildly exfoliate simultaneously, making it suitable for even the most sensitive skin. It works great at clearing pores, removing light makeup, dirt, oil, and even blackheads, leaving your skin refreshed and revitalized after each use. And continued usage leads to gradual improvement of the skin’s overall condition. Made with over 90% pure plant fiber, our earth-friendly sponges help to tone and maintain a healthy skin balance because konjac is naturally and mildly alkaline. It works to balance your skin’s acidity and pH balance. Each sponge also contains potent moisturizing ingredients with strong moisture retention abilities for long-lasting comfort and skincare benefits.”
Facial Cleansing Sponges
- Original – Cleanses, tones, and moisturizes even the most sensitive skin
- Charcoal – Balances and clears combination and oily skin
- Pearl Powder – Revitalizes dull skin and brightens uneven skin tone
- Green Tea – Hydrates dry skin and rejuvenates normal skin
- Lycopene – Restores mature skin to a more youthful look and repairs skin damages
- Aloe Vera – Soothes skin irritation and comforts extremely dry skin
- Lavender – Calms, relaxes and balances stressed and tired skin
- “For thousands of years, Konjac, an exotic plant native to Eastern Asia, has been used in Asian cuisines and medicines for its healthy nutrients. This popular ingredient, now commonly used in food products and dietary supplements, is a powerful booster for beautiful skin because it is naturally rich in vitamins (A, E, D, B1, B2, B6, B12, and C) and minerals. And now we infuse this ancient recipe with modern technology to create a revolutionary skin cleansing tool that serves as an all-in-one solution for various skincare concerns.” – Dr. Sponge website
- “Dr. Sponge™ is a biodegradable skin cleansing sponge made from food-grade konjac fiber and healthy additives such as green tea and bamboo charcoal. This fair-trade and cruelty-free skincare tool delivers gentle yet effective daily cleansing for all skin types.” – Dr. Sponge Website
I received both the Original and Charcoal sponges to try out over a month ago. My skin, as some of you may know is sensitive and oily, I wanted to give the Original Sponge a try first, since it’s recommend for even the most sensitive skin types.
When I first opened my package, I was a bit shocked…the sponge was very hard. I thought to myself, how is this ever going to work on my sensitive skin, even after being wet I’m sure it will be too rough for me. Boy, was I wrong! Once you run this thru water, it does what any normal sponge does, it almost doubles in size and it becomes very, very soft.
My night time skincare routine consists of eye-makeup remover and makeup remover wipes, once I’m finished with that, I use a daily face cleanser to wash my face, at this time I use the Dr. Sponge Konjac Sponge to gently massage this all over my face for about 30-40 seconds. It is very gentle and soft on my skin.
I then rinse out the sponge from any of the leftover face wash and makeup, trust me you’ll see the leftover makeup that it removes, and let it air dry. It comes with a cotton string so it can easily be hung to dry over night.
Just after using it one time, I noticed a difference in my skin…it felt smoother and softer to the touch. I’ve been using the sponge every night for the last month, and I’ve noticed a huge difference in the texture of my skin. Since this sponge gently exfoliates the skin, I no longer have the tiny red bumps I used to have on my forehead.
When I first began using this, I was having a really bad breakout all throughout my chin…my chin has now cleared up.
I am SO pleased with the results I am seeing after using Dr. Sponge!
- Price, very inexpensive
- One sponge, if used daily and cleansed properly lasts 2-3 months, and with really good care one sponge can last up to 5-6 months!
- Can be used to apply liquid foundation.
- Body Cleansing sponges are available for $11.50
- Ideal for babies and extremely sensitive skin
- Honestly, I couldn’t find any cons!
Do I recommend this product? Yes, yes, a million times YES!
I can’t recommend it enough! I am so excited to try the Charcoal sponge next, anyone interested in reading a review on that?!?
Connect With Dr. Sponge Online!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this review and maybe considered giving Dr. Sponge products a try!
Until next time beauties!
*Although this product was sent for review purposes, my expressions and review are 100% honest!