Hello my friends! Today I have an exciting post for you all! I brainstormed up with my dear blogging besties, Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, and Jackie from FiveTwo Certified to bring you all this fun collaborative post! We really wanted to incorporate some fun, Spring makeup trends, and well, what better way than to create a fun FOTD with some of these makeup trends!
So let’s jump in!
Don’t forget to head on over to Liz and Jackie’s blogs, you’ll be glad you did! They are amazing women, bloggers, and friends! They both offer SO many amazing posts, reviews, makeup looks, etc. Let them know I sent ya!
Spring 2014 Makeup Trends
Before we get started, here are a few makeup trends I ran into when I did my research:
- Orange Lips
- Cobalt Blue Eyeliner/Eyeshadow
- Gold Eyeshadows/Highlight
- Rosy Eyes
- Smoked Lilac Eyes
- Berry Cheeks
- Metallic Shades
- Orchid Lips
- Green Eyeshadows
Liz chose to go with a gold and green eye, and Jackie went for a metallic eye. So make sure you check out their Spring Makeup Trends Looks. I decided to go for the orange lips and cobalt blue eyeliner. So let’s get started!
- Dr. Brandt | Pores No More
- Pop Beauty | Face Magnet Primer
- Make Up For Ever | Mat Velvet+ Foundation
- Maybelline | Dark Circle Eraser
- NYX | HD Photogenic Concealer
- Maybelline | Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral
- Rimmel | Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Model In A Bottle | Sensitive Skin Setting Spray
- ELF | Eyelid Primer
- Urban Decay | Naked Basics Palette
- Naked 2 | Crease
- WOS & Foxy | Lid
- Venus | Brow Bone and Inner Corner
- Chella | Indigo Liquid Eyeliner
- Rimmel | Scandaleyes Pencil Liner in Nude
- L’Oreal | Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
- Chella | Dark Brown Eyebrow Pencil
- Victoria Jackson | Taupe Eyebrow Pencil
- Mox Botanicals | Lip Butter
- Maybelline | Color Sensational Lipstick in Electric Orange
Some other orange lipstick recommendations:
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Sweet Nectar | Darker Orange
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti | Sheer Orange
- Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition | Sheer Coral/Orange
Since the lips and blue liner are pretty bold, I decided to keep the eye look super simple…so I went for my Naked Basics Palette, which is a great everyday, go-to palette.
For my blue liner, I went with the Chella Indigo Liquid Eyeliner Pen I received in my March 2014 Ipsy bag, you can find that here. Man, was this pen a major FAIL!! It’s such a shame because the color is gorgeous! Swatching it was no issue, but when you apply it to your eyes..whoa! It goes on very streaky and patchy, which makes it so hard to apply. But that’s a story for another day, I was pretty let down with this pen since Chella has some great eye products.
So, what do you think of this look? Is it something you will be trying during the Spring season? What trends are you looking forward to rocking?
Let’s chat down below!
Thanks for stopping by, and don’t forget to check out Liz and Jackie’s blogs!
Until next time beauties!
-I’ve been having MAJOR computer issues…I don’t know when I will be able to get things fixed so my posts for this week may not go up as planned. Boo!
-My nails need some attention!
-I’m currently watching Boy Meets World, oldie but a goodie!