It’s my birthday! And quite honestly…I didn’t know what to post today. I wanted to open up about my fears of getting older, but I didn’t want this to be a “down in the dumps” type of post. So instead, I’m sharing a bit more about myself! In case you haven’t read my get to know me post, you can find it here.
My intentions for Beauty With Lily were never to blog about myself, my life, or anything about me really. I actually didn’t even want to share my face! But you know what they say, when you make plans, God laughs. Things on BWL have really taken a turn and I’m really happy with how things are going. And I’m even happier that you guys are loving these changes! Thank you for all of the love and support!
Let’s jump into a few random, personal and raw thoughts!
1. I don’t have just one favorite color — I have many!
2. I am quite frugal…I don’t like to spend a lot of money, if I don’t have to.
3. I love cooking, but I’m not very good at it.
4. I am very organized at work, with blogging and with my makeup — but when it comes to anything else, I’m ALL over the place.
5. Getting older scares me. I know age is just a number, but after turning 21, I haven’t looked forward to a birthday.
6. Speaking of getting older, a huge part of me doesn’t want to be an old mom…
7. But I know the good Lord has a plan for us and I need to be patient.
8. If you can’t tell, I’m not very patient…
9. I have no friends…plenty of acquaintances, but no friends. Over the years, friends have come and gone.
10. My love for chocolate custard is unreal.
11. I love making YouTube videos and although it’s A LOT of work, I really enjoy it.
12. BUT, I’ve been thinking about quitting YouTube, and only utilizing it for blog posts that may need a video to go along with it. The numbers on YouTube have me super discouraged — hence the lack of videos.
13. I hate the number 13…not sure why, I always have.
14. If I could go anywhere right now, I’d go to DisneyLand — I’m a child at heart.
15. I’ve never really had the urge to travel — however, I do want to visit Spain and learn more about my dad’s culture.
16. Since we are on the topic of traveling, I think it would be absolutely fun to take a road trip to Georgia and back.
17. Give me a Dr. Pepper and I’ll be your best friend!
18. I am a daydreamer.
19. And I also dream a lot at night and usually always remember my dreams.
20. I have the worst resting b**** face! Even if I’m happy!
21. I’m scared of never having kids…
22. I am not an outdoors-y person at all…my poor husband.
23. I always tell people I don’t want anything for my birthday…but I secretly want ALL the presents.
24. I am not good at hiding my emotions.
25. I am an extremely indecisive person.
26. One of my goals is to one day work from home.
27. I am determined to live a healthier lifestyle, lose weight and start posting more fashion posts in the next few months.
Now I’m off to enjoy my birthday…at work! Haha! I hope you all have a wonderful week!
PS – Charlie gives the best birthday nose kisses!
Hi there! I’m Lily, the girl behind Beauty With Lily. I am a real estate agent, nurse, wife, crazy dog mom — to our cute little pup, Charlie — blogger, beauty enthusiast, makeup connoisseur, and your everyday twenty-something southern gal. You'll usually catch me with an iced coffee in tow, an arm full of makeup swatches or behind my computer working (or shopping!) I hope this little space helps you feel beautiful, find your next clothing piece to buy or a place you come to after a long day. I hope you stay awhile. xo - Lily
Beauty With Lily is part of affiliate programs, meaning that if you decide to purchase through those links, I may make a small commission off that purchase. This is at no extra cost to you, but helps support this blog. I only share products that I am passionate about, truly love and recommend to loved ones. As always, all my opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Beauty With Lily.