Earlier this year I told you guys that I wanted to incorporate more lifestyle posts onto the blog — like easy recipes, etc — so I’m here with just that, an easy recipe! I hope you guys enjoy the variety you can find on Beauty With Lily now!
I’ve mentioned several times that I am not much of a breakfast person — I’m not a morning person in general so anything that has to do with getting up even earlier to cook something is a definite no for me. So most of the time I settle for cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt with fruit. But it gets old…fast!
A few weeks ago, my coworker brought some delicious whole grain breakfast cookies and she shared her recipe with me. Before you say, oh no…I don’t bake — you HAVE to give these a try. They are really easy to make, they store really well and are good for you too!
Whole Grain Breakfast Cookies
Prep Time | 25 minutes
Bake Time | 10 minutes
Servings | 18 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Pulse the walnuts in a food processor several times to chop; transfer to a bowl. Mix in the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, flax meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
3. Combine the almond butter, canola oil, agave nectar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in bowl and mix the ingredients well; transfer the almond butter mixture to a large bowl and fold in the dried cherries and chocolate chips. Mix the walnut-oatmeal mixture into the almond butter mixture (dough will be very thick).
4. Scoop up heaping teaspoons of dough, and form into balls; lay the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flatten the cookies with a spatula. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
These may not look super appetizing, but they are delicious, filling and go perfect with coffee! Oh…and they are man approved! #win
What do you eat when you are on the go?
Pin The Image Below For Later
(you won’t regret it)
Hi there! I’m Lily, the girl behind Beauty With Lily. I am a real estate agent, nurse, wife, crazy dog mom — to our cute little pup, Charlie — blogger, beauty enthusiast, makeup connoisseur, and your everyday twenty-something southern gal. You'll usually catch me with an iced coffee in tow, an arm full of makeup swatches or behind my computer working (or shopping!) I hope this little space helps you feel beautiful, find your next clothing piece to buy or a place you come to after a long day. I hope you stay awhile. xo - Lily
Beauty With Lily is part of affiliate programs, meaning that if you decide to purchase through those links, I may make a small commission off that purchase. This is at no extra cost to you, but helps support this blog. I only share products that I am passionate about, truly love and recommend to loved ones. As always, all my opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Beauty With Lily.