This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GentleHydration #CollectiveBias
My husband and I fortunately live only an hour and a half away from both of our families, so we like to take a weekend about once a month to visit them, if not more. We love visiting them…but that also means I have to pack! I am not a fan of packing, you guys know that I am an overpacker by nature, but over the last couple of years I have narrowed down my weekend packing skills to a minimum — I used to take at least two bags, because you never know what “might pop up” — but I now carry one weekender bag!
We like to leave as soon as my husband gets home from work on Friday afternoons, but his schedule varies; sometimes he gets home right after me (around 1pm) or he’ll work until 7pm or later. Because of this, I have to be ready at all times. I always keep a medium-sized canvas bag that houses some essentials — face wash, face scrub, facial moisturizer, my new favorite body moisturizer (Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream), shampoo, conditioner, etc. I have transferred all of these products into travel size containers.
I’ve mentioned before that my skin (not my face) gets dry during the colder months — especially my elbows, hands, and legs. That’s where Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream comes in. I recently purchased it because I was needing something else in conjunction with my wet skin moisturizer and this cream has been a lifesaver! It provides intense and lasting moisture to replenish sensitive, dry skin (it’s even great for those with very dry skin!) As a huge bonus, this cream is fast absorbing, fragrance-free and it isn’t greasy!
So if you suffer from dry, itchy skin, I definitely recommend Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream — you’ll love the long-lasting hydration that helps prevent moisture loss. It can be found at your favorite Target! You all know how how much I adore Target — the other night I went to buy a baby gift for a shower and I spent 2 hours in there…2 hours! I’m almost certain the employees know me already but just don’t say anything. Haha!
Packing A Weekender Bag 101
1. Stick To The Basics — I always bring two pairs of pants, a casual pair and something I can easily dress up, as well as a pair of black leggings. I also pack basic shirts — pictured here (which is what I actually packed for a weekend away) a basic gray tee, a long black tee, graphic tee and a floral blouse. Easy pieces that can be worn with almost any of the bottoms and shoes.
2. Wear What Takes Up Room — I usually wear what takes up the most room, for instance bulky shoes (that go well with the rest of the outfits) I also wear the jewelry I plan on taking. Not because it takes up room, mainly because it’s so delicate that I’d hate to get things tangled or lost.
3. Pack Small — When it comes to toiletries, I have everything stored in travel size containers. Like I mentioned, I like to keep things ready to go, so this is one less thing I have to worry about. PS — I used a ziplock bag to pour the cream into a travel size container, just cut off the tip and squeezed it inside.
4. Organize — I like to use smaller bags to organize my products — one bag for toiletries, one for makeup, one for hair products, etc. It’s so much easier to just grab the bag you need instead of having to dump everything out.
5. Pack Smarter — When I pack, I start by packing the last outfit I know I will be using and so on. At the top I’ll have my pajamas and my smaller bags. That way you can have your outfits organized in order of when you’ll need them.
I hope these tips help you out next time you make a weekend getaway! And if you are interested in trying the Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream, don’t forget you can find it at Target! Visit the Social Hub here for more Cetaphil® inspiration!
Do you have trouble packing? What are some of your tips? Share below!
Pin This Image!