Can’t find the time to get things done or perhaps you don’t have a set routine? These tips to get you organized and be more productive are sure to help.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning that any clicks/purchases may result in a small commission to keeping Beauty With Lily running at no additional cost to you.
Hi friends! Today I’m sharing a few things I do to help keep me organized, on track and productive. Trust me, not every day is like this, I have my Netflix binges every so often, but as most of you know, I like to be ahead of the game — so being organized and productive is a must for me. I asked everyone in my Facebook group (yep, I have a group that you need to join) what they felt like they needed the most help with and I was able to pull in more ideas from them as well. I hope you enjoy this post!
Tips To Get You Organized & Be More Productive
- Start Your Day Off Right
- Sometimes it can be easier said than done, but starting your day off in the best way possible is crucial. If that means waking up 30 minutes earlier, then give it a try. I actually wake up 30 minutes earlier because I hate being in a rush and love knowing that I am ahead of time. Some people like to have “me time” and doing this in the morning when you wake up earlier might be the thing to do.
- Make Lists
- I always have a running do to-do list with things that need to get done throughout the week, I generally put this together on Sunday night or throughout the weekend. From this big to-do list, I make a smaller to-do list for a specific day that must get done. This way I don’t get overwhelmed with one big list. Also taking the time to “plan” your day will be super helpful. Granted, things don’t always go as planned, but having an idea of how you would like things to go will benefit you in the long-run.
- Time Block
- If you have a hectic day ahead, time blocking is a life saver! I use this method when I have a lot of blog work and deadlines I need to meet. Essentially you are blocking out certain times of the day to focus on one thing and one thing only. It doesn’t matter if you finish it or not, it’s about getting as much done as you can in that time. Once your time is up, move on to the next task.
- Turn Off Any Distractions
- This one can be tough, but if you are like me and get distracted within seconds then I definitely recommend doing this. I don’t turn my phone off completely, but I turn it to “do not disturb” mode (if you’re an iPhone user, set important numbers as your favorites, their messages/calls will still come thru even when in “do not disturb” mode.) I find this to be extra helpful when I time block — no distractions = getting more work accomplished.
- Remove Any Clutter
- I don’t know about you but if there’s a mess, I can’t work because all I can think about is that pile of papers that have to be filed.
- Create A Routine
- I know, I know…routines can get boring, but they also save you time. Create a morning routine and stick by it — the same goes for a night routine. It’s the little things like these that will save you more time and essentially help you be more productive.
- Meal Plan/Prep
- I completely understand that not everyone is for meal prepping, but you can always try meal planning. I recently started meal planning ahead of time and this has not only saved me hours, it has also saves us hundreds of dollars. I plan out our weekly menu, order our groceries online, pick them up, and prep what I can ahead of time. All in one day. It’s a lot of work, but so worth it. If you’d like a more detailed post on how I go about this, let me know.
- Clean As You Go
- This tip has also saved me so much time — I used to be the worst about letting dishes pile up so I could throw them in the dishwasher but now I clean as I go. Once I am done using it, I wash it. I clean the kitchen as I’m prepping dinner, I’ve made it a habit to do a “quick clean” in the bathrooms every day before showering. Like I said earlier, it’s the routines that end up saving you time.
- Take A Break
- Yes, it’s totally okay to take a break. You don’t want to completely overwhelm yourself or get burned out.
- Reward Yourself
- Along with taking breaks, reward yourself. Once you’ve checked everything off of that list, treat yo’self girl, because you deserve it. Being productive doesn’t come easy and neither does staying organized.
You Might Also Like // How Using A Planner Helped Grow My Blog
Favorite Organizational Tools
Planner // I’ve been using a planner for as long as I can remember, I’ve always been a pen and paper kind of girl.
Daily To-Do Pad // This one from Daily Bloom Planners has been a go-to lately. I love that I can easily jot down what my day is going to look like, along with time blocking.
Weekly Planner Pad // I use this to pre-plan my week — if I know it’s happening or it needs to get done, I write it down. Along with my personal and blogging to-do’s, I am also able to fit in some work to-do’s here (lime green section.)
Meal Planning Pad // I didn’t take a picture of it, but it’s been so helpful. One side has a week at a glance and the other side is perforated with a shopping list.
Everything I’ve seen on the Bloom Daily site is incredibly cute and functional. I definitely have a few things I’m eyeing for next year. If you’d like to browse around and get 10% off your first order, use this link! [I was sent these products to review, but this is not a sponsored post, nor affiliate link.] It's time to get organized and get sh** done! Following these tips, to help me out! Click To Tweet
You Might Also Like // Planner Essentials
I know this post is super lengthy and full of information, but I really hope you found this helpful. All it takes is a little motivation to get up and get stuff done. Trust me, it’s worth it in the end — you get what you put into it — so if you don’t make an effort, then you won’t see progress.
Now it’s your turn, what are some of your organizational/productivity tips?
Found this post helpful? Share it with your friends, pin the image below!